Macular Degeneration Treatment
Our vision is incredibly important. We need it to function properly. However, whenever our vision becomes threatened, so does our way of life. Fortunately, there are ways that we can take care of problems such as macular degeneration before they hinder your vision beyond repair.
Faro Optometry in Lynwood, California has the right resources that you need to take care of your macular degeneration condition. Here is some more information pertaining to macular degeneration and how we can help you restore your vision.
What is Macular Degeneration?
Macular degeneration is an eye disease that can cause permanent vision loss for people over the age of sixty years old. This condition is caused by the macula wearing down over time. The macular is inside of the retina and is a light-sensing nerve that is used to help us see properly. Whenever the macula begins to diminish, so does our vision. However, this disease is oftentimes associated with older individuals as the macula can wear down whenever a person gets older. Fortunately, there are ways to help prevent macular degeneration's onset with the help of the right treatment.
Symptoms and Treatments of Macular Degeneration
Here are some symptoms of macular degeneration that you should look out for:
- Your vision is becoming steadily worse. You may find it difficult to read or operate machinery
- You will notice the development of dark and blurry areas in your vision
- Color perception becomes harder to detect
Fortunately, you have plenty of options whenever it comes to combatting macular degeneration:
- Anti-angiogenesis drugs can block blood vessels from leaking into your eye that would cause macular degeneration
- Laser therapy can help prevent blood vessels from growing in your eye that cause this condition
- Low vision aids are devices that can help you create larger versions of images nearby that can counteract the condition
- Photodynamic laser therapy is a process where a light-sensitive drug is injected into your bloodstream and absorbed by the blood vessels causing macular degeneration. Your eye doctor will shine a special type of laser into your eye to trigger the effects in the eye.
Call Faro Optometry Today!
Have you been affected by macular degeneration and do not know where to turn? Fortunately, we have the right resources here at Faro Optometry in Lynwood, California to help you overcome your vision problems. Simply give us a call today at (310) 844-7961 to schedule your appointment with us. We will be more than happy to help you.